Dallas Workman’s Comp Doctors for Forest Service Employees Across Texas
Forest service employees encounter a variety of risks while on the job each and every day. From dealing with various wildlife and vegetation to working around an ever-shifting natural environment, it should come as no surprise that they can easily sustain an accident at work. Working every day in the wild allows you to be susceptible to a wide variety of injuries, from small cuts and bruises to more serious internal organ damage or breathing in toxic fumes from wildfire. Even though these injuries may occur commonly, getting the proper treatment is always a prudent move.
At Pain Stop MD, our Dallas workman’s comp doctors are committed to helping forest workers who have been injured on the job recover as best as possible. With a full range of resources to provide treatment in every step of the recovery process, as well as workers’ compensation, our staff and the board-certified doctor can help you heal from your injury, so you can focus on getting back into the great outdoors.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today if you’re a forest worker who has been injured on the job. The best way to stay healthy after an injury is to stay on top it before it becomes a serious problem.
Common Causes of Forest Worker Injuries
With the wild nature, literally, of working as a forest service employee, if should come as no surprise that they can suffer from various incidents. We’ve listed some of the most common causes of work-related health issues.
- Falls. Falls are a common cause of injury for almost every occupation because they can happen to just about anybody at any time. For forest service employees, walking around the wilderness includes stepping over stumps, trees, branches, and roots, which all put people at high risk for falls. Falls can result in sprains, strains, and fractures.
- Wildlife. While forest workers make a point to be educated about the wildlife they work around, sometimes the wild just can’t be tamed. While bear attacks and large animal attacks aren’t particularly common, smaller wildlife, such as insects, can also cause health problems, such as lacerations and bruises.
- Exposure to elements. Being outside all day can be a paradise, but constant exposure to the elements can also lead to injury and illness. Forest injury workers that fail to wear the proper equipment, or to wear clean equipment, may be putting themselves at a higher risk of injury or illness from exposure. Skin rashes and cuts are common when you have an outdoor occupation.
- Forest fires. For the forest workers who fight fires, injuries can be especially common. Whether breathing in the smoke and fumes of a fire, or from debris and objects falling down on workers, a number of different injuries can be sustained. Lung issues can be very common, as well as sprains, strains, and fractures.
Whatever the cause for getting hurt, it is always important to seek immediate medical attention. Failing to do so, especially when exposed to the elements of the wild on a regular basis, can lead to exacerbation of an injury, making even the smallest of initial problems long-term issues.
Our Services for Forest Service Employees
Our clinic can help you with every step of the recovery process after you got hurt at work. Our experienced staff and board-certified doctor are qualified to provide a full range of services that will suit all of your medical and health needs. Below are a number of services that we provide to injured workers.
- Diagnostic testing. The best way to ensure a complete recovery is to make a proper diagnosis right after you got injured. Our doctor and staff can provide the correct insight to pinpoint the cause of your pain and grief and develop and carefully put together a treatment plan.
- Acute care. Injuries from singular, isolated incidents often need corresponding treatment. In these cases, our clinic provides acute treatment, in which we develop a strategy to heal you in a concentrated period of time. Acute treatment is most effective when it starts right after getting injured.
- Chronic pain program. If you’ve been dealing with pain for a long period of time, it’s likely that you’ve suffered an injury without realizing it, or without taking care of it early on. Our clinic can provide the right chronic pain treatment to not only heal your pain but prevent further pain and injuries in the future.
- Prescriptions. The right medication can often work wonders. Our doctor and staff are qualified to provide you with the correct prescription medication for your treatment regimen. We’ll give you the correct dosage of medication for the right amount of time for an effective prescription treatment plan.
- Physiotherapy. Our patients will often need physiotherapy to help properly heal their bodies, as well as to prevent further injuries in the future. Our physiotherapy includes various exercise regimens that will strengthen the surrounding areas of the injured region.
- Surgery. When other treatment options do not work well, occasionally we will suggest a surgical option. Surgery can be a great tool and our doctor and staff are qualified to use a surgical solution if necessary.
Regardless of what sort of injury you’ve sustained while on the job, our clinic’s treatment plans can effectively heal your body. Make sure to seek treatment for your work-related injuries as soon as possible, so that you get the best possible chance for a complete recovery.
Workman’s Compensation Doctors for Injured Forest Service Employees
The context of your work-related injury may entitle you to workers’ compensation. At Pain Stop MD, we’re familiar with each step of the workers’ compensation process and can help you effectively make your claim, so you can focus on getting healthy and the things that you love in life. We provide the following services to help you with your workers’ compensation claims.
- The proper diagnoses and treatments to get you back to good health.
- The right paperwork and guidance to help you process your workers’ compensation claim.
- The medical records and paperwork you’ll need to process such a claim.
- The answers to any general questions you have about work-related injuries and workers’ compensation.
Contact Us Today
If you were injured on the job, seek the help you need before it’s too late. At Pain Stop MD, our Dallas workman’s comp doctors are committed to providing the best possible care for our patients along every step of the healing process. Let us be your guide in the stressful and uncomfortable aftermath of a work-related injury.
Contact us today to schedule your consultation with our doctor, or to learn more about the different services Pain Stop MD offers.