Dallas Workers’ Comp Clinic for EMTs, Police Officers and Firefighters in Texas
Emergency workers consist of a variety of different occupations, including police officer, firefighters, and EMTs. Due to the risky nature of their positions, they hold some of the most injury prone occupations in the workforce. Whether dangerous environmental conditions on the job or dealing with erratic or violent behavior, these workers put their lives on the line everyday to make a difference in our communities. When emergency workers are injured, it behooves the entire community to make sure they get the medical care and attention they need.
At Pain Stop MD, we want to do our part to help you get back on their feet after an injury. Our clinic is suited to handle a full range of work-related injuries, from proper diagnoses to the workers’ compensation process.
If you’re an emergency worker who’s been injured on the job, let us use our resources to help you get back to good health. We serve the Dallas area, including Ennis, Denton, and Waco.
Contact our Dallas workers’ comp clinic today to set up a consultation, or just to learn more about the services we offer.
Common Injury Causes of Emergency Workers
With the various risks emergency workers take in the line of duty every day, the causes of their injuries could include almost anything. We’ve listed some of the most common causes of injuries to emergency workers below.
- Assaults and violence. Especially with police officers, assaults and violence can cause devastating injuries. These range from small cuts and wounds to more serious medical issues like internal organ damages and even death.
- Vehicle accidents. Many emergency workers spend a significant amount of time in a vehicle, whether a fire truck, a police cruise, or an ambulance. The road can be a dangerous place for anybody, but especially for emergency workers in time-sensitive situations. An injury caused by vehicle accidents can range from bad to worse and may include chronic injuries even in smaller accidents.
- Exposure to fire products or chemicals. Exposure to dangerous chemicals or fire happens relatively often for firefighters and EMTs. This exposure can lead to external burns or internal damage to organs like the lungs.
- Caught, trapped. When working in hazardous conditions it’s possible to get trapped or caught by fallen structures or objects. Such incidents can cause either small injuries like cuts and bruises or larger injuries like crushed and broken limbs and internal organ damage.
Whatever the cause of your injury, we can help you through it at Pain Stop MD. Don’t let an injury on the job prevent you from doing your work or living your life to the fullest. Our workers’ compensation clinic in Dallas has a full range of resources and a board-certified physician to get you back to good health.
At Pain Stop MD, we provide a full range of services for workers who’ve been injured while on the job. From figuring out the crux of your problem to making sure you get the compensation you deserve, our team will help you through your injury. We provide the following services:
- Diagnostic testing. You can’t heal an injury without a proper diagnosis at the beginning. Our team’s experience with various work-related injuries will get you on the proper track to treatment.
- Acute care. Sometimes all you need after the proper diagnosis is one-time treatment. This is known as acute care, and our clinic provides excellent acute care for injuries that require it to heal.
- Chronic pain program. When acute care is not enough, and an injury may be causing pain over a long course of time, chronic pain management may be in order. This is especially true with back pain and joint problems.
- Prescriptions. Our board-certified physician is able to prescribe you the medicine you need to get healthy. We’ll provide the proper medication, dosage, and time to effectively treat your injury.
- Physiotherapy. In instances of chronic pain or injury, physiotherapy may be necessary to ensure that you do not re-injure yourself. Our physiotherapy consists of various exercise regimens that will get you back to good health.
- Surgery. In some cases, surgery may be required to adequately treat your injury. Our clinic can help you get the surgical treatment you need.
Getting the right treatment for your injury is imperative for you to properly heal. Our clinic’s full range of services will not only get you back to work healthily, but allow you to enjoy your time outside of work as well.
Workers’ Compensation for Injured Emergency Workers
It’s possible that your work-related injury may give you the right to financial compensation, especially if you’ve missed workdays due to that injury. Our clinic can help you through the workers’ compensation process, regardless of what your injury may be. We provide the following workers’ compensation services:
- The proper diagnoses and treatments to get you back to good health.
- The right paperwork and guidance to help you process your workers’ compensation claim.
- The medical records and paperwork you’ll need to process such a claim.
- The answers to any general questions you have about work-related injuries and workers’ compensation.
Contact Us Today
Working as an emergency worker can already be stressful enough without the added layer of an injury. We treat a whole range of workers at our Dallas workers’ comp clinic, and we can help you with your injury as well. Don’t let the stress of injury get in the way.
Contact us today for a consultation or to learn more about the services our workers’ compensation clinic offers.