Medical Help for Clerks and Office Workers in Texas
Just because office workers are not operating heavy machinery or piling bricks does not mean they’re not at risk for injury in the workplace. While the office may not be the first place we think of injuries happening, injuries happen to clerks and office workers more often than we imagine. Not as physically demanding as jobs in construction or other occupations, office work can still be taxing on the body. Many office injuries are caused by overuse, or repetitive motion throughout the day, whereas other office injuries occur due to isolated incidents or accidents, like falls.
At Pain Stop MD, we’re suited to handle all of your work injury issues. We’re committed to helping clerks and office workers all over Texas in their times of need. Our clinic has the resources necessary to get you back on your feet again after a debilitating injury.
Contact us today if you’ve sustained an injury while on the job. No matter how small, workplace injuries should be dealt with in a serious and efficient manner to ensure a patient receives the proper care. We’re happy to serve workers all over the Dallas area, including Waco, Ennis, and Denton.
Common Causes of Officer Worker Injuries
Office injuries can manifest in a number of ways, and should be dealt with as swiftly as possible. We’ve listed some common causes for office worker injuries below:
- Slip and falls. These accidents can be particularly devastating to office workers, and may have them out of work for days, weeks, and years, depending on the severity of the accident. Acute injuries such as sprains, strains, and fractures are common with slip and fall accidents.
- Traffic accident injuries. Accidents in vehicles are common for office workers, especially those who drive or ride in vehicles during their work day. Getting on the road can always be dangerous, regardless of how many precautions you take. Injuries from traffic accidents can be both acute and chronic.
- Repetitive motion Injuries. Workers who spend the majority of their day doing the same repetitive task are always at risk for overuse injuries. Office workers who spend their days typing repeatedly are at high risk for carpal tunnel syndrome, and other overuse injuries.
- Lifting injuries. While office workers may not be lifting cinderblocks, lifting and carrying office supplies and other items may lead to both acute and chronic injuries. Proper technique is always a good way to prevent lifting injuries. These injuries often include sprains and strains.
- Object contact injuries. People and things can move around pretty quickly in an office, and keeping a good awareness of the objects around you is a good way to prevent object contact injuries. These include walking into the sides of desks and tables, as well as objects that may be moved into you, like carts.
Because office workers and clerks rarely expect to get injured in an office setting, they may be unsure of how to handle the situation when they do sustain injuries. Office worker injuries can occur in almost any way, shape, or form, which makes it that much more important to have a plan in case you sustain an injury while on the job.
Our Services for Office Workers
We provide a full range of medical services at Pain Stop MD. With our experience and knowledge of workplace injuries, our staff and board-certified physician will be able to get your healthy and on your feet again. We provide the following services:
- Diagnostic testing. This is always the first step in providing good medical treatment. Before we can decide on a treatment plan, we must first know what we’re dealing with.
- Acute care. In cases where you’re experiencing pain due to one specific injury or incident, we can provide the acute care necessary to relieve you of that pain and restore you to good health.
- Chronic pain program. For injuries such as sprains, strains, or any other musculoskeletal injury, you might be dealing with chronic pain that takes away from the satisfaction of your everyday life. Our team can put you on the right chronic pain program to make sure your pain does not come back.
- Prescriptions. Our board-certified physician is qualified and able to prescribe you the medicines you need. You’ll get the right medicine, the right dosage, for the right amount of time at our clinic.
- Physiotherapy. A large part of pain management is ensuring your muscles, bones, and joints are healthy enough to perform all of the job and activities in your life. Through physiotherapy, such as exercise, manual therapy, and other treatments, our clinic will put you on the right track to proper healing.
- Surgery. In some cases, surgery may be the best treatment option for your injury. Our team is equipped to handle your surgery needs in the event you need it.
The right treatment for your work-related injury is just a close phone call away. One of these treatments might do the trick for you, or a treatment plan specifically designed for you incorporating a mixture of our services might be the best option. Let us help you heal your work-related injuries.
Workers’ Compensation for Injured Office Workers
Due to the financial repercussions of an inability to work, work-related injuries can have a debilitating and devastating effect on your life. Our clinic knows the ins and outs of workers’ compensation claims, and we can help you through the process to receive the compensation you deserve.
We can provide the following to help you with your workers’ compensation claim:
- The proper diagnoses and treatments to get you back to good health.
- The right paperwork and guidance to help you process your workers’ compensation claim.
- The medical records and paperwork you’ll need to process such a claim.
- The answers to any general questions you have about work-related injuries and workers’ compensation.
Contact Us Today
Getting injured at the office can set you back financially, professionally, and personally. Don’t let a work-related injury get in the way of living the life you deserve. Our full-range of resources at Pain Stop MD can save you the heartache and pain associated with workplace injuries, allowing you to focus on the important things in life.
To schedule a consultation with a doctor, or to learn more about the services we provide, contact our clinic today.