Arlington TX Workers’ Compensation Doctors
From repetitive stress injuries to broken bones, each year, more than four million Americans get injured on the job. According to the National Safety Council, a worker is injured on the job every seven seconds, and this leads to nearly 100 million days of lost productivity every year. While most workers are able to recover eventually, many experience chronic pain and long-term disabilities, and those who are able to cover often require intensive medical care. Our Arlington, TX workers’ compensation doctors can help you with your work related injuries.
At Pain Stop MD, we provide medical treatment for employees who have suffered job-related injuries in Arlington, Texas. With our specialization in acute and chronic work-related medical conditions, we know what to look for when someone complains of pain or other symptoms following an incident at work. We are also knowledgeable about the requirements for securing medical benefits under the federal, state, and private workers’ compensation systems, and we can assist you in assembling and completing the medical records and other documentation needed to file a claim for benefits.
Who is Eligible for Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation benefits are available to government workers at the state and federal levels as well as in the private sector. While most private employers are not required to carry workers’ compensation insurance under Texas law, many do. If you are eligible to file for workers’ compensation, seeking benefits may be your best – and perhaps your only – option for covering the medical expenses you incur as a result of your work-related injury.
At Pain Stop MD, we treat all types of employees who have been injured at work and who are eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits. This includes:
- Postal workers
- Construction workers
- Office workers
- Emergency workers
- Prison employees
- TSA employees
- Registered nurses
- Forest service workers
- Compliance officers
Comprehensive Diagnosis and Treatment for Work-Related Injuries
If you have suffered an injury on the job, it is important that you seek medical treatment promptly. The symptoms and risks associated with many types of job-related injuries can progress quickly; and, the sooner you seek treatment, the sooner you may be able to get back to work. Our Arlington, TX workers’ compensation doctors provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment services for most types of on-the-job injuries; and, if you need to see a specialist, we can provide you with a referral. Our services include:
- Acute care focused on immediate injury treatment and management
- Chronic pain management for individuals who have suffered injuries with lasting physical consequences
- Prescription medications for treatment and management of pain resulting from job-related injuries
- Physiotherapy to help strengthen your body during and after your recovery and mitigate your risk of future injuries
- Surgery referrals if an operation is necessary to treat your on-the-job injury
- Diagnostic testing focused on quickly and accurately determining the nature and extent of your injury so that we can begin appropriate treatment as soon as possible
Assistance with Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
In addition to diagnosing and treating our patients’ work-related injuries, we also assist our patients with the workers’ compensation claim process. We understand that the process of securing benefits can be challenging, and we also know that the government, private employers, and their insurance companies are not necessarily on your side. Our services to assist with your workers’ compensation claim in Arlington, Texas include:
- Helping you determine which forms you need to file.
- Ensuring that you see a doctor whose services will be covered by your workers’ compensation benefits.
- Accurately diagnosing your injury and prescribing a course of treatment designed to ensure that you receive adequate benefits.
- Submitting your medical records and any other documentation required for the processing of your claim.
- Answering your questions about your diagnosis, your treatment options, your workers’ compensation claim, and any other issues related to your injury.
Q&A with the Workers’ Compensation Doctors at Pain Stop MD[otw_shortcode_content_toggle title=”Q: When should I see a doctor following an accident at work?” opened=”closed”] Due to the potential for long-term effects, if you have been involved in any type of traumatic accident at work (such as an auto accident, fall, lifting accident, or accident involving a piece of heavy equipment or machinery), you should see a doctor promptly. While there are numerous potential warning signs of a serious injury, some of the most common symptoms of traumatic injuries include:
- Abdominal pain, tenderness, or bruising
- Arm or shoulder pain
- Blood in the urine
- Headaches, confusion, or loss of consciousness
- Increased heart rate or rapid breathing
- Limited strength or mobility
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain that gets worse with particular movements
- Severe bruising
- Sharp or pulsing pain anywhere in the body
Here are some basic facts to keep in mind:
- Workers’ compensation covers work-related injuries regardless of the cause or who was at fault in the accident (with only limited exceptions).
- All types of on-the-job injuries are eligible for workers’ compensation, including injuries from traumatic accidents and repetitive stress injuries (such as carpal tunnel syndrome).
- If you wait too long to seek medical attention, you could give your employer (or its insurance company) justification to deny your claim for benefits.
Injured at Work in Arlington, TX? Book an Appointment Today
To schedule an appointment with a workers’ compensation doctor at Pain Stop MD, please request an appointment online. When you contact us, we will make arrangements for you to meet with our team of experienced medical professionals as soon as possible. Do not let an injury on the job unnecessarily impact the rest of your life. Contact us and start your recovery today.